Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tough As Nails

Opinion of the day: Some women seriously need a bar of soap stuck in their mouths! I wonder if they know how their potty mouths detract from their beauty. I don't understand how the F word became a sentence filler for life. Maybe when you're younger, you think you look and sound tough the more expletives you use, but in all seriousness, there comes a point when you should realize that your sentence fillers should be a bit classier in public. I don't care what you do on your own time but there's no need for a beautiful woman to be cursing like a sailor as was my experience in the nail salon today. I already hate getting my nails done. I just do it because, well, I feel more put together when they're done. Usually visiting the nail salon is a nice experience. My nail salon is small and the girls are friendly. It's the type of place where you always see the same people, the owners care who you are and remember your name ( and they paint your nails to perfection!) and the mood is pretty much always pleasant. Today as I sat in the pedicure chair, feverishly programming new workouts into my I touch, my ears had no choice but to listen to a woman talk about her mother in law and literally tear the poor woman to shreds. You could tell she was the type that didn't take to criticism well because all she talked about was how insulted she was that her mother in law called her to express her hurt feelings because she didn't receive a call  to see how she was feeling after a series of tests that were run on her at Sloan Kettering. I would have been hurt too! That sounds pretty scary. Everyone needs to know that they matter. She continued to curse like a sailor and tell her friend that there was nothing wrong with her mother in law so why should she call her to see how she was feeling? I'm thinking to myself "Hunny, you are obviously some piece of work, and your mother in law knows it!". A person who can't take criticism usually goes tit for tat and that's just the angle she was taking, "well she never called to see how my son was feeling when he had a cold!" (Are you kidding me? Two totally different scenarios here! Just say you're sorry! She's family!) Have you ever been around someone who just carried a negative vibe with them. Well this was her. Mrs. Negativity and all I wanted her to do was stop talking because her mouth was polluting the ears of the few children that were hanging out while their mothers got a half hour out of the house to make themselves feel pretty in peace. Peace they were not getting. Everything out of her mouth was negative and soon the whole nail salon was drenched from the storm of expletives and miserable vibes pouring out of this woman. Ok, so maybe she was having a bad day. I've had plenty,but when you're in such a small place with lots of people and kids around have some respect. Torture your friend with texts about your day, don't subject the entire 600 square foot nail salon and all of its occupants and then be a nasty patron when you leave to boot! I came up with an invention idea a while ago, it's probably already being invented by someone out there though. At my old nail salon, the women doing nails were most definitely talking about the patrons. I thought that it would be so great to have an app that translated every word they said and maybe if it was negative (which it almost always is) the app could give you a quickie comeback in Chinese! Ahhhh that would be so amusing. Anyway, I don't need that app anymore because the women who do my nails are nice and speak English, but I was thinking that it would have been really helpful to have an app that could have muted this woman. It would have been seriously funny to see how even more ticked off she became when she realized that no sound was coming out of her mouth. I guess the point is that it would be nice if people were more courteous in small spaces that were filled with elderly, people looking to relax and take care of themselves in a non threatening environment and innocent and annoyed children praying that their mother's nails would be painted and dry already!

No comments:

Post a Comment